Offering the following community services…
- Bel Air Rockfield Manor Sensing Garden
- The Bel Air Lions sponsor one of the large garden areas around Rockfield Manor. The garden is dedicated to the visually impaired and has been designed specifically for plants, trees, and shrubs with distinctive feel and fragrances. In addition, the garden has identifying signage in Braille to assist the visually impaired. The Lions work a few days during the year (especially in the spring) to maintain the garden area.
- 4th of July activities
- Bel Air Lions provide support to the annual Bel Air 4th of July celebration in organizing the entire event; arranging activities during the day and sponsoring the parade. The Lions also march in the parade and sponsor flags for children along the parade route.
- Bel Air Festival for the Arts
- Provide support to the Festival for the Arts, an exposition of artwork by local and other participating artisans sponsored by Harford County Parks & Recreation). This annual event is held at Shamrock Park on the third Sunday of September. Provide support on site by conducting such tasks as assisting the vendors with their arrival in the morning and departure in the evening.
- Bel Air Shamrock Park Improvements
- The Lions participate in several activities each year at the Shamrock Park and are working with the Town and neighborhood on several improvement projects for the park and playground area.
- Child Safety Day
- Each October, the Lions support the town’s Child Safety Day at Shamrock Park to help the community with child car seat safety; bicycle safety and drug awareness
- Bel Air Holiday Parade
- The Lions have fun handing out free hot chocolate and cookies at Shamrock Park after the parade